July 12, 2021
Since 1997, the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) has delivered public safety services on behalf of the government of Ontario. With headquarters in west Toronto, the TSSA is a self-funded, not-for-profit organization that employs approximately 400 staff across Ontario. The roles within the TSSA are as diverse as the Province we serve. It takes all kinds of people with varied skillsets and backgrounds to meet our organizational goals, but all our employees share a few key traits:
- We are passionate about public safety.
- We are highly skilled, problem-solvers.
- We are collaborators who are invested in the communities we work in.
- We are more than employees; we are serving the greater good.
- We are committed to life-long learning and development.
- We operate with the highest integrity.
Our Public Information Release Agent serves as the prime point of contact for all request for information. As our Public Information Release Agent, you will work effectively in our team environment to respond to third party requests, in a timely and consistent manner. You will work in collaboration with our facilities management team to exchange information and innovative ideas. This is a 6 month contract opportunity. We are looking for someone with strong inter-personal skills and a positive, supportive and professional attitude.
So, does this sound like you? If so, this could be your next big opportunity!
- Receive, investigate, and respond to all third-party requests, both written and verbal, for request for information which includes:
- Determining validity of request
- Searching all media for relevant records (i.e. POSSE, Oracle, onsite paper records storage, SharePoint (ECM)
- Preparing response to third party/customer consistent with Privacy and Access Policy
- Seeking guidance from Legal in relation to information to be redacted
- Log and maintain copies of all requests for future reference
- Communicate as required with requesters, by telephone, email and mail, to clarify or scope the requests
- 2 years of related experience. Tenure with TSSA considered to be an asset.
- High School diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook365, as well as comfortable operating basic office equipment
- Proficiency in Oracle an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer relations experience
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize job tasks in order to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to changes in schedules and priorities
- Ability to ensure consistent attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive information
TSSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building and maintaining collaborative, caring and positive work environments so that our employees bring their whole selves to work each and every day. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status or disability. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will be happy to arrange for accommodations during the application and interview process. All you need to do is write to us at email@example.com with your accommodation requirements.