March 24, 2021
All regulated health professionals in the province of Ontario are governed by a regulatory college. Each health regulatory College is responsible for:
- Protecting the public’s right to safe, quality health care services
- Setting the education and other qualifications necessary to become a licensed professional
- Developing professional and ethical standards and guidelines
- Holding registered health professionals accountable for their conduct and practice through a complaints and investigation processes.
The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) is one of 27 health regulatory colleges in the province with the responsibility and the legal authority to protect the rights of patients.
Bring your excellent leadership and strategic thinking skills to our team as the Manager in our Registration department.
The College’s Registration department is responsible for managing application and renewal processes for dentists. This includes membership licensure and renewal, as well as health profession corporations (HPC) registration and renewal. The department focuses on providing timely and accurate information to members with a strong focus on customer service.
You are an experienced leader with strong organizational skills who understands the role of the regulator in ensuring the safe provision of services to the public of Ontario. You are an effective communicator, collaborator and strategic thinker, and someone who embraces change and innovation.
We are hiring for a 12-month contract position. As public health advice for the pandemic evolves, you will likely work both remotely and in-person at our Toronto office.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Registration department, including the annual membership renewal process, the health professional corporation (HPC) renewal process and the generation of certificates of standing
- Develop and implement practices to ensure that all registration matters are attended to in a comprehensive, timely manner in accordance with College expectations and policies
- Lead the evaluation and review (where necessary) of internal department policies to ensure that the work of the department is conducted in an efficient and effective manner, in alignment with legal obligations, Committee direction and industry best practices
- Develop and oversee the successful implementation of strategic projects in alignment with the College’s Strategic Plan 2020-2023
- Support the College’s Registration Committee by setting Committee meeting agendas, overseeing the development of meeting materials, and supporting the Chair in presenting issues and materials to the Committee
- Analyze impacts of changing legislation and proposes solutions to meet new requirements
- Lead the development of reports or other resources for Council meetings in response to: external industry developments; keeping with the College’s reporting obligations related to the Office of the Fairness Commissioner; the College Performance Measurement Framework (CPMF); and others
- Evaluate and consult on issues impacting applicants and members. Develop solutions and responses to issues and initiatives for the College’s Senior Leadership, the Registration Committee and Council as required
- Advise the Assistant Registrar, the Registrar and other College staff on the registration process. Provide input on a variety of registration related issues
- Provide information for reports or speaking notes. Deal directly with applicants and members, and relay Registration Committee decisions to applicants, third-parties and stakeholders as needed
- Oversee a team of two direct reports and three indirect reports
The Manager, Registration requires:
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (Master’s level or higher)
- Proven management experience in a regulatory environment; six to nine years of experience preferred
- A critical thinker who is solutions-focused
- A self-starter who will take the initiative to identify and monitor relevant issues and propose effective solutions or responses
- Demonstrated success championing change, innovation and continuous improvement
- Experience delivering full-cycle projects which may intersect with other departments or functional areas
- Advanced knowledge of registration processes, best practices, trends and operations
- Knowledge of case management/database systems
Submit a cover letter, telling us why you are interested in this position and how your skills meet our needs. Your letter and a resume must be emailed to email@example.com by April 13, 2021 at 5 pm.