December 2, 2020
PEO regulates the practice of professional engineering and governs its members to serve and protect the public interest by ensuring all professional engineers meet rigorous qualifications for licensing and that only properly qualified individuals practise engineering. As part of its mandate, PEO also establishes, maintains and develops: standards of knowledge and skill; standards of practice for the profession; standards of professional ethics; and promotes public awareness of its role.
As it embarks on a large-scale transformation that will enhance its role as a modern regulator, Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) needs your exceptional leadership to redevelop its business infrastructure while seamlessly maintaining operations. Your ability to drive change will be critical to PEO’s action plan. Through your strategic vision, your proven change management skills and your ability to improve business operations through adaptive technology, you will steer PEO through an exciting period of change.
As a member of the senior leadership team and reporting to the CEO/Registrar, the role of VP Operations will provide leadership to the finance, administration, risk management, procurement, information technology (IT) and communications departments of the organization.
Working collaboratively with the Board of Governors (Council) and senior management, the VP Operations will strategically lead the development of an effective corporate accountability framework, which will include strategic business and operational planning, performance management and reporting.
- Provide advice and leadership on strategic, tactical, technical and service delivery matters to the senior management
- Lead a team of functional experts in core corporate services including, finance, asset management, communications and information technology/information
- Ensure effective project management of business process and IT system
- Provide oversight of all financial functions and ensure operations are conducted within financial guidelines and budgetary
- Oversee a comprehensive communications strategy and advise on potential engagement opportunities and emerging trends and issues relevant to
- Manage the implementation of the risk function, which includes processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report
- Oversee a security strategy to provide high level security over physical assets and data processing while preserving system
- Manage the procurement process and ensure value for money and service
- Provide performance management leadership by overseeing performance reviews and managing disciplinary and employee relations
- 10+ years of experience in a senior leadership role overseeing areas of finance, administration, risk management, procurement, information technology (IT) and communications.
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, finance or relevant
- Accounting designation (C.P.A., C.A.) and/or
- Proven success in implementing large-scale system change, including business transformation through process change and
- Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation and relationship building skills and ability to work effectively with
- Extensive staff management experience and expertise in developing and implementing successful change management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage operational processes to ensure efficiency and productivity.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills and ability to adapt to a changing environment and
- Experience working within a regulatory environment and with a board/governing council is an asset.
If you are a qualified candidate interested in this opportunity, please forward via e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 17, 2020.
Questions about the position or the recruitment process can be directed to Luciana Da Silva of HR Associates at 416-237-1500, ext. 266, or Luciana.DaSilva@hrassociates.ca.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available upon request.