October 6, 2020
- issue, suspend and revoke teaching certificates
- set ethical standards and standards of practice
- investigate and hear concerns and complaints about members
- accredit teacher education programs and courses.
All public school teachers and administrators in Ontario must be certified by us and be members of the College.
For more information on regulatory bodies and their consumer protection mandate, visit the Canadian Regulatory Guide.
The Registrar is the Chief Executive Officer of the College of Teachers (the College) who reports to the Council, and is responsible for the administration of the Ontario College of Teachers Act and its associated regulations. As CEO, the Registrar is also responsible for the financial, human resources and operations of the College.
- Issues certificates of qualification and registration for the province of Ontario
- Maintains a Register containing the legislated requirements for certified teachers of Ontario
- Administers the election of members to the Council of the College
- Is the Secretary to the Council
- Is the Chief Executive Officer of the College
- Reports to College Council
Bilingualism a definite asset
A minimum of a Master’s or post-graduate degree preferably in a related field of policy, education, law or business
Eligibility for membership with the Ontario College of Teachers is an asset
Leadership skills in recent business transformation (Change management)
Leadership experience with regulators
Extensive and recent senior management and budget administration experience
Extensive experience working with and supporting a board of directors, council or other governance structure and its committees
Effective communication and consensus building skills
Knowledge and understanding of current issues, legislative trends, policies and laws governing the profession of teaching in Ontario
To apply, please forward your resumé and cover letter no later than October 30, 2020 to the Chair of Human Resources Committee (HRC).
Interviews will be held on November 13, 2020
Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.