July 10, 2020
- issue, suspend and revoke teaching certificates
- set ethical standards and standards of practice
- investigate and hear complaints about members
- accredit teacher education programs and courses.
All public school teachers and administrators in Ontario must be certified by us and be members of the College.
This position is responsible for the administration and coordination of College qualitative and quantitative research, the provision of technical support for software relevant to social science research and technical support for a variety of proprietary software applications to support College Council elections, Council members in their work on Council and committees, and employers in the transfer of teacher data.
This position requires an accomplished coordinator with knowledge of software relevant to social science research and the development of and reporting on research surveys, excellent organizational as well as technical support and customer service skills. Oral and written French proficiency is an asset.
- Provide access and technical support for the College’s intranet site for Council members (CouncilNet).
- Provide technical support for all Council Election related information technology inquiries.
- Provide technical support and administer the College’s Employer Area Portal that provides Ontario school boards and faculties with status and qualification information for College members.
- Act as the primary support for all online survey related research activities including survey development, programming and reporting.
- Act as the primary point of contact for College coordinated qualitative research activities including site and candidate identification, onsite coordination and recording.
- Provide project support to External Relations Officers in the logistical requirements and material preparation and coordination for College consultations, conferences and tours.
- Assist in coordinating College representation at education sector conferences, public events and trade shows including booking of display space, arrangements for and scheduling of College speakers and participants, installation of displays, distribution of literature and liaison with event hosts.
- Provide project support in the administration of Council elections, including the nomination and voting processes.
- Assist with maintenance of the College’s stakeholder and contact databases.
- Monitor the College Outreach mailbox, drafting responses or referring inquiries as appropriate.
- Provide information and follow-up to individuals in regards to questions about the College, The Standard (an electronic newsletter for parents), and outreach events.
- Receive visitors, deal with inquiries and make travel arrangements for staff as required.
- Answer telephone calls for the unit, obtain information from callers where required and refer calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Compose and type letters in reply to routine inquiries or direct mail merges as part of a coordinated mailing.
- Prepare and format letters, memoranda and reports, ensuring accuracy and proper distribution.
- Assist in maintaining electronic and hard copy files for the unit.
- Assist in coordination, production, distribution and mailing of materials for consultations and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Policy and Research.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter no later than July 21, 2020.
The Ontario College of Teachers is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment, selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.