March 17, 2021
The Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP), incorporated in 1871, is the registering and regulating body for the profession of pharmacy in Ontario.
The College’s mandate is to serve and protect the public and hold Ontario’s pharmacists and pharmacy technicians accountable to the established legislation, standards of practice, code of ethics and policies and guidelines relevant to pharmacy practice.
Responsible for developing and implementing communication strategies and activities that help achieve the College’s Strategic Plan and contribute to the success of College programs and initiatives. Also responsible for creating content and managing the editorial process and overall strategy for a variety of corporate and practice-related communication vehicles and publications including digital and print publications, presentations, and more.
- Develop and implement strategic communications plans to meet business objectives and support College programs and initiatives, collaborating with subject matter experts and internal clients; this includes developing and implementing associated communication tactics and working collaboratively with others on same.
- Support planning and implementation of current and future communication initiatives as they relate to the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Manage development, editorial process and overall strategy for Pharmacy Connection magazine including the development of content, reviewing and editing content and submissions, strategizing themes and line up focus, and growing/transforming the utilization of the digital magazine in collaboration with graphic designer and other partners.
- Manage development, editorial process and together with the senior communications advisor the overall strategy for the College’s annual report, including developing of content, reviewing and collating statistical information, liaising with other departments and the graphic designer, ensuring approvals and distribution of the report once completed.
- Develop other high quality content for the College’s various communications vehicles, including print and digital publications, websites and presentations, by working with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Support ongoing assessment and lead the development of and enhancements to the College’s public register on an ongoing basis and participate in the Public Register Steering Committee by providing practical, operational and strategic insights and hands-on contributions to Committee priorities.
- Provide leadership and/or support on College efforts to engage with registrants, including developing and implementing strategies including regional meetings and webinars in collaboration with key departments, preparing content and materials, supporting logistical needs, promotion of these activities, facilitation and evaluation.
- Consult and advise internal staff and executives on general communications related matters on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support developing key messages for media or other special projects and issues as required.
- Continually examine work process and explore opportunities for improving efficiencies through technology, elimination or altering of work processes and make recommendations to the Manager, Communications. Work within records management principles and guidelines for record keeping.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned by Manager, Communications.
- Experience in managing communications projects with multiple stakeholders with minimal supervision and shifting priorities and providing communications leadership on organizational key initiatives as assigned by the Manager
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to draft clear, professional communications, content and articles requiring minimal editorial revision and the ability to link messaging to broader organizational strategies and priorities
- Experience managing the production of strategic corporate publications and other complex activities that require extensive planning, content development, stakeholder management and production management
- Able to understand and analyze complex issues, consider risks and opportunities, and identify meaningful and actionable strategies to optimize those opportunities and mitigate risks to the organization and its mandate
- Experience in providing internal communications advice and leading the development of communications plans and strategies
- Experience in providing feedback to and working with colleagues and external vendors (i.e. graphic designers, writers) to develop communications products
- Ability to take complex ideas and create clear and compelling content, particularly when translating policy- and practice-focused content into meaningful messaging and information that can be used by registrants, stakeholders and members of the public
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work collaboratively to achieve broad organizational goals
- Self-motivation and solid organizational skills to efficiently and effectively manage workload, deal effectively with multiple demands and maintain composure while progressing toward desired outcomes
- Experience and maturity in dealing with sensitive matters internally and externally, with the a strong business acumen that enables tactful problem-solving and collaborative-driven solutions
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as common website content management systems and social media platforms
- University Degree in a related field such as Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, Health Communications or equivalent.
- Post Degree certification preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years of related experience.
We are the registering and regulating body for the profession of pharmacy practice in Ontario with a mandate to service and protect the public interest. In addition to ascertaining all registrant meet professional standards, the College sets and ensures ongoing adherence to professional and operational standards as it leads the advancement of pharmacy.
If you are interested in joining the College, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence, by April 9 stating salary expectations.
OCP is committed to supporting accessibility and diversity.
Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. We will only contact those whose skills, knowledge, and experience most closely match the requirements of the position.