June 25, 2021
The Ontario College of Pharmacists is the registering and regulating body for the profession of pharmacy in Ontario.
To learn about licensing, professional regulation, and the consumer protection mandate of Canadian regulatory bodies, visit the Canadian Regulatory Guide.
Responsible for supporting, developing, and implementing communication initiatives and activities that help achieve the College’s Strategic Plan. Responsible for creating and executing communications and content distribution plans, campaigns, and projects, as well as managing a variety of communications vehicles and publications with a focus on digital communications and public-facing information.
- Develop and implement communications plans and tactics and preparing quality content for registrants and the public to meet business objectives, collaborating with communications team, subject matter experts and internal clients.
- Implement multimedia/ digital / social media initiatives, including developing content, coordinating approvals, managing vendors / partners, and ensuring work is completed on time and on budget.
- Prepare the development, editorial process, and life-cycle for online and social media content (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube) including content development relating to the public website (in collaboration with colleagues)
- Produce regular e-newsletters (Mail Chimp) for registrants and the public, social media, video scripts, and manage the production process from initiation to completion including securing approvals and working with external vendors, where required.
- Support initiatives designed to enhance the public website content and experience for users (using Word Press, in partnership with the webmaster) and expand the digital effectiveness and presence of electronic communications particularly newsletters.
- Prepares marketing and digital advertising material including working with internal colleagues to develop (in collaboration with the graphic designer), coordinate, review and seek approval of content and creative materials for the public and patients, and support logistics and development of strategies related to the production of public-focused display and outreach opportunities.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and ability to draft clear, professional, and compelling communications and content
- Relevant experience in the area of writing for electronic media such as website, e-Newsletters, social media, videos, and online learning applications
- Experience managing multimedia/ digital projects with multiple stakeholders and shifting priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with contemporary online tools, applications, and multimedia platforms, including content management systems, and tools/ software relating to email marketing and social media
- Experience developing and implementing paid social media campaigns, with some experience and knowledge in SEO/ SEM and online copywriting
- Ability to turn complex concepts and information into clear and compelling content and stories
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships with stakeholders
- Diploma in a related field such as Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, Health Communications or equivalent. A degree would be an asset
- Must have a minimum 3-4 years of related experience or combined education and experience
We are the registering and regulating body for the profession of pharmacy practice in Ontario with a mandate to service and protect the public interest. In addition to ascertaining all registrant meet professional standards, the College sets and ensures ongoing adherence to professional and operational standards as it leads the advancement of pharmacy.
If you are interested in joining the College, please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence, by July 9, 2021 stating salary expectations.
OCP is committed to supporting accessibility and diversity.
Requests for accommodations can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. We will only contact those whose skills, knowledge, and experience most closely match the requirements of the position.