April 14, 2022
MDR STRATEGY GROUP LTD.
MDR Strategy Group is a consulting agency that provides strategic communications and organizational leadership solutions to clients in Canada and abroad.
Located in Halifax, NS and Toronto, ON, we are a Social Purpose Organization that exclusively provides services to non-profit organizations and public agencies in the education space, and those committed to building safer, healthier, and greener communities.
Our passion is supporting Canadian regulatory bodies. A leading service provider for the sector in Canada, we are recognized for developing and managing several digital technologies including the Canadian Regulatory Guide, a comprehensive directory of regulatory bodies in Canada, and RegulatoryJobs.ca, Canada’s hub for regulatory employment opportunities. We also created and publish The Registrar Magazine, Canada’s national regulatory trade publication.
Learn more about MDR Strategy Group at www.mdrstrategy.ca.
A small agency with four full-time staff and approximately one dozen associates, MDR is rapidly growing to meet the needs of its expanding clientele. We are currently seeking a highly qualified, motivated, and deeply passionate professional, preferably with senior leadership experience in communications and marketing, to fill the role of Managing Director, Partnerships.
Reports to: CEO
Working location: Remote within Canada
Remuneration: $105,000 – $115,000 annually + incentives, benefits, and profit sharing
Deadline to Apply: May 2, 2022
The purpose of this newly created role is to lead the organization’s stakeholder relations, business development and customer service efforts to dramatically transform the business to achieve its marketplace potential.
A leadership position in the organization reporting to the CEO, the role of the Managing Director, Partnerships will include the following:
Partnerships and Business Development
- Develop and deploy outreach strategies to engage potential clients.
- Meet with existing and prospective clients to promote MDR and its business solutions.
- Nurture and build the organization’s existing business lines.
- Identify the needs of client sectors and proposing new business opportunities in line with MDR’s strategic alignment principles.
- Prospect, identify, qualify, and develop business development pipelines.
- Identify and respond to procurement opportunities.
- Establish meaningful relationships with professionals in senior leadership roles at Canadian regulatory bodies, other non-profit organizations, and public agencies to promote MDR’s business solutions.
- Enhance MDR’s visibility by attending public events, conferences, and meetings.
Communications and Public Affairs
- Develop a comprehensive communications and outreach plan targeted to key audiences to increase the visibility of MDR and its solutions for non-profit organizations.
- Oversee the development and management of all marketing and communications channels and assets, and related processes to promote MDR.
- Contribute to MDR’s long-term strategic plan.
- Develop a long-term vision and strategy to maximize partnerships and revenues.
- Collaborate in the development of new business lines.
- Oversee staff involved in business development.
- Serve as acting CEO when designated.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, communications, commerce/business, or political science required, with relevant graduate-level education preferred.
- Ongoing professional development in non-profit or regulatory leadership, digital technologies and other relevant disciplines considered an asset.
- 15 years of professional experience that includes a minimum of 5-7 years of recent senior leadership experience at a Canadian regulatory body or other non-profit organization (e.g., Director Communications, Professional Standards, or Human Resources); OR a minimum of 15 years of increasing responsibility in business development/sales with demonstrated success selling professional services to non-profit clients.
- Agency/consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success building organizations through strategic organizational and business development.
- Proven track record building and maintaining key external relationships.
- Extensive background in developing and executing strategic business processes.
- Demonstrated track record in leadership excellence.
- Experience working with lean/small businesses.
- Experience working with SaaS technologies an asset.
- Strategic planning experience preferred.
- Exposure to and involvement in professional associations such as CLEAR, CNAR, CSAE an asset.
- Existing relationships with Canadian regulatory bodies is highly preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an innate ability to build trust.
- Highly entrepreneurial and motivated by potential.
- High-level EQ and gravitas.
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills.
- Ability to easily understand and navigate online technologies.
- Hardworking, determined, and driven by potential.
- Passionate about protecting the public and community development.
- English/French bilingual a significant asset.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (EDI)
- Sensitive and confident working in an EDI-empowered organization.
- Training in EDI an asset.
Applications should be sent in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Daniel Roukema, no later than Monday, May 2, 2022.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews will commence as qualified candidates are identified.
Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates and prioritize individuals who personally or systemically face barriers to equitable and fair labour market access.
While we recognize the value of impressive resumes and stellar academic achievements, our foremost commitment is to talent and individual potential.
Any candidates requiring accommodation are requested to contact MDR as soon as an invitation for an interview has been received.
- Applications will only be received from candidates legally entitled to work in Canada and whose place of work is in Canada.
- This position is remote; therefore, candidates must have a suitable workplace to effectively carry out the duties of this role.
- To enable in-person meetings with stakeholders, this role requires the successful candidate to have a minimum of two recognized COVID-19 vaccinations.
- The successful candidate must be able to travel outside Canada as needed.