September 8, 2021
We are MDR Public Affairs Ltd., a communications agency that’s all about social impact, and exclusively support organizations committed to building safer, healthier, and greener communities.
While we serve non-profit organizations and public agencies across Canada and around the world, we have a unique bond with Canadian regulatory bodies – organizations mandated by government to protect the public by licensing and overseeing dozens of professions across the country. To support their consumer protection mandate, we developed and manage the Canadian Regulatory Guide, a national register of regulators, and RegulatoryJobs.ca, Canada’s employment website for the sector. We also publish The Registrar magazine, Canada’s quarterly consumer protection magazine.
Learn more about us at www.mdrpublicaffairs.ca.
More and more Canadian regulatory bodies and other non-profit organizations are reaching out to MDR Public Affairs to support their communications needs. As a result of this growth, we are hiring two Communications Associates to join our team.
Our Communications Associates support clients with their day-to-day corporate communications needs, which may include:
- Creating communications plans.
- Deploying internal and external communications for targeted audiences.
- Preparing presentations and briefing documents for Directors, CEOs, and Boards of Directors.
- Navigating and distilling complex issues and briefing Directors, CEOs, and Boards of Directors.
- Creating presentations, web content, and articles.
- Writing articles.
- Creating social media calendars and managing ongoing messaging.
- Creating and analyzing surveys.
- Updating websites.
The ideal Communications Associates will the following qualifications:
Education, Training and Experience
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of professional communications experience, preferably with a non-profit organization or small business.
- Completed post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communications, Political Science, English, or similar.
- In-depth understanding of strategic communications planning to optimize impact and impact targeted audiences.
- Experience with two or more of our communications services listed on our website.
All candidates will have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional tact and diplomacy
- Teamwork skills
- A fun and engaging personality
MDR Public Affairs is primarily a virtual business, and all consultants operate remotely. Standard office equipment and technology will be required to function effectively in this role.
Submit a detailed cover letter and CV to M. Daniel Roukema, CEO, MDR Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDR Public Affairs appreciates impressive resumes and stellar academic achievements. However, our foremost commitment is to ability and future potential. Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from qualified professionals who face personal and systemic barriers to employment, and make the necessary accommodations to support our valued team members’ disabilities and other important considerations such as religion and gender.