May 14, 2020
ICCRC is the national regulatory body that promotes and protects the public interest by overseeing regulated immigration consultants and international student advisors. ICCRC establishes effective policies, practices, and procedures to regulate and educate immigration consultants.
Do you want to be part of a team that strives to improve the quality of Canada’s fast-growing immigration/citizen consulting profession? If you share our passion and purpose, please consider applying to the opportunity below to become part of a team that makes a difference.
ICCRC is looking for a strong leader and communicator to fill the role of Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO is responsible for the day-to-day operational leadership of the Council’s Finance, Human Resources and Operational services through clear direction, guidance and oversight into all operations of the organization. The COO is responsible for leading and guiding the operational translation of the strategic plan into a living and prioritized plan.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the COO leads the operational teams and contributes as a key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). This role is accountable for participating in the fulfillment of the Mission and Vision of ICCRC in a manner that is consistent with ICCRC values.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic and collaborative leader with a passion for uniting teams together in their common goals.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who thrives in organizational change as the COO will be responsible for leading our transition to the new College.
- Collaborate with the CEO in developing and driving the organizational vision and operational strategy.
- Translate the strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth supporting organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operational planning.
- Lead the operational execution of the Strategic Plan to ensure all departments are communicating and collaborating towards a common goal.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO.
- Continuous improvement: Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement.
Member of the Senior Management Team
- Regularly collaborate with all members of the SMT to foster a strong understanding of and support for Council objectives.
- Ensure that all Operations communications are conducted in a professional and respectful manner consistent with our values.
- Advocate on behalf of the Council.
- Regularly update and guide the SMT on progress and challenges towards operational goals.
- Proactively and constructively contribute at SMT meetings.
- Under the direction of the President & CEO, provide expertise and presentations to the Board of Directors as needed.
- Responsible and accountable for the successful leadership, mentorship and management of Operations team.
- Provide and ensure regular mentoring, coaching, performance management and development support to direct reports including annual reviews and development plans.
- Provide regular and timely feedback and coaching to direct reports and the team.
- Lead communication for the Operations team.
- Ensure that individuals have the necessary information and support from the department required to do their work efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that effective and productive inter-departmental relationships are established and maintained.
- Represent ICCRC publicly in a manner that reflects the Values, Mandate, and Vision of the Council.
- Maintain and build relationships of trust with key partners, and stakeholders.
Operational Leadership Portfolio
- Oversee financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis.
- Oversee enterprise risk management & audit support.
- Ensure the Council’s financial practices are forward-looking and strategic.
- Ensure timely production of financial plans and analysis that enable the Council to satisfy financial reporting requirements and effectively manage its assets.
- Execute and operate within the annual budget for the organization.
- Lead and ensure the follow through on all financial policies and procedures.
- Regularly report on financial status, in a timely and accurate manner to the CEO, and the Board’s Finance and Audit Committee, as needed.
Human Resources Leadership
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met.
- Oversee the effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management (including retention strategies) for Council employees.
- Oversee HR practices and change management to ensure the Council builds and maintains an effective and well-supported team.
- Ensure that IT programs and processes are integrated and meet Council requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee effective, centralized enterprise IT planning, development, and implementation.
- Ensure the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the organization
- Ensure document management programs and processes meet organizational requirements.
- Ensure office and administrative processes meet organizational requirements.
- Ensure adherence to organizational, federal, provincial, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary.
Policies, Procedures, Standards and Processes
- Lead and ensure the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of appropriate policies, procedures, standards and processes for the Council.
- Other duties as requested by the President & CEO.
- Education – An advanced business degree, professional accounting designation or a combination of experience, education and training equivalent to a leader in the field.
- 15+ years working in senior leadership roles with organizational oversight.
- Proven ability to operationally lead an organization to meet organizational objectives.
- A strong financial background executed in a leadership role.
- Strategic thinking and planning in all areas of business. Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- Strong leadership, mentorship and coaching skills to lead an effective and engaged team to positive results.
- Strong solutions-based collaborator used to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to critically evaluate, summarize and communicate information.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, written and orally. Communicates effectively to all levels and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate as a team member with peers, partners and stakeholders to meet organizational objectives.
- Proven ability to develop and manage organizational budgets to meet business goals and obligations.
- Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role.
- Understanding of or work experience with a regulatory body is an asset.
Please e-mail your resume and a brief cover letter indicating why you feel you are a fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Chief Operating Officer in the subject line.
Please Note: A police record check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from persons legally entitled to work in Canada, who represent the diversity of our nation, and whose qualifications meet the skills and experiences we seek.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.