May 2, 2022
The Home Construction Regulatory Authority (HCRA) regulates Ontario’s new home builders and vendors under the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017 (NHCLA), mandated to promote and protect the public interest. Our mission is to be a fair, effective, and proactive regulator of home builders and vendors that ensures a positive consumer experience. To learn more, please visit www.hcraontario.ca
The HCRA is seeking a high-performing professional who thrives in a fast-paced, high-profile environment to fill the role of Licensing Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, Licensing you will:
- review and assess licence and licence renewal applications making recommendations for approvals, in accordance with HCRA’s licensing criteria and operational policy under the New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017;
- process licensing fees, reconcile revenues related to licensing and maintaining the builder directory platform;
- respond to escalated licensing inquiries from the Customer ServiceCoordinators providing technical information and guidance on requirements;
- participate in the analysis and development of licensing processes, guidelines, tools and forms, consumer and public education materials to support continuous improvement and the development/implementation of any licensing program-related changes or enhancements;
- gather facts, provide technical information and recommend the outcome for licensing and renewal applications;
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of two years of progressive experience performing licensing administration duties, preferably in a regulatory environment
- Completion of a postsecondary degree or diploma in social sciences, business or public administration (or a related field or combination of equivalent education, training and experience)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations such as New Home Construction Licensing Act, 2017 is an asset
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, policies and other information sources to assess licensing applications
- Strong interpersonal and client service abilities to facilitate interaction to effectively resolve issues related to license applications and renewals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate recommendations and/or information to internal partners and external applicants
- Proven initiative and strong organizational / time management skills to manage workload
- Political acuity to recognize and respond in a timely manner to queries and issues stemming from applications which may have an impact for the organization, CEO/Registrar, Deputy Registrar and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in developing professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders where formal authority may not exist.
Click on APPLY NOW and submit your resume by May 16th, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have questions, you can also contact Luciana Da Silva at 416-237-1500 x.266 or email@example.com. For more information about HCRA or to view other career opportunities, please visit www.hcraontario.ca.
HCRA offers a competitive compensation package including benefits and a defined contribution pension plan. A Criminal Reference Check will be required for the successful candidate.
We thank all external applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Accommodation, if required, will be provided throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
HCRA IS AN INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.