December 13, 2020
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) is a dynamic, innovative, independent and self-funded regulator of financial services and pensions. The organization promotes strong financial services and pension sectors while protecting the public interest. FSRA has responsibility for regulating property and casualty insurance (including auto insurance rates); life and health insurance; credit unions and caisses populaires; loan and trust companies; mortgage brokers; health service providers (related to auto insurance); and pension plans. We are building an agile, forward-thinking and collaborative culture, and FSRA is committed to encouraging innovation and competition, and promoting market integrity and stability. Joining FSRA is an exciting opportunity to help shape the regulator of the future.
To provide expertise in the design, development, implementation & maintenance of IT solutions and services across FSRA. To provide business systems consulting expertise to clients on the use of information technology to meet business goals & objectives. To provide technical briefings, advice, expertise, recommendations to FSRA executives & senior management on systems development issues, strategies and solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise and deliver the technical design, development and implementation of complex technical solutions and applications.
- Reviewing existing SharePoint (2010, 2013) farm configurations and .NET codebase to gain good understanding of customized application logic and business requirements
- Migrate SharePoint sites between on-prem SPD farms, or from on-prem to Microsoft 365
- Implement user requirements to enhance data mining capabilities for existing data sets via various SQL reporting options
- Provide technical systems development expertise to meet clients’ IT requirements
- Investigate coding issues, fix bugs, and modify existing features or add new features using technologies including but not limited to C#, ASP.NET, SSIS, SSRS, SharePoint on-prem framework, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath
- Investigate and resolve SPD 2010 workflow and performance issues
- Advisory role for SharePoint security roles, security groups, user management
- Performs thorough functional, regression, integration, performance and security vulnerability tests
- Provide ongoing Production support and user support
- Provide leadership in completing research activities to establish technology direction, strategy, standards and best practices while working with colleagues across the organization
- Provide guidance and assistance to other team members.
- Any special projects or tasks assigned by Senior Manager, Applications
- Bachelor’s degree in software development, software engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with SharePoint configuration, including security, user management, integration with other systems
- Experience with SharePoint migration is required
- Experience using MS SQL server, including of SQL script, SSRS, SSIS, developing new reports based on end-user specifications
- Broad knowledge of hardware, system software and programming languages
- Ability to contribute to a team effort
FSRA is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
NOTE: ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED