June 28, 2020
The Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) regulates and promotes safety in Ontario. In fact, we’re working towards an Ontario where people can live, work and play safe from electrical harm. To do so:
- We anticipate, identify and target the leading causes of electrical-related harm.
- We verify compliance with Part VIII of the Electricity Act and its associated regulations. (See below.)
- We promote awareness, education and training. Our aim is to make the public aware of potential electrical harm.
- We work with Licensed Electrical Contractors, utilities, manufacturers, safety partners and other stakeholders to improve electrical safety in Ontario.
ESA is seeking an exceptional seasoned IT Professional for the role of Senior Information Technology Business Analyst. In this key role, the Sr. IT Business Analyst will support the execution of ESA’s Digital Strategy. As a modern regulator, we continue to implement risk-based approaches as the industry, economy and demographics evolve. We are actively building on our strong Risk-Based Oversight (RBO) foundation to achieve these objectives. The ESA digital strategy is one key enabler of the overall ESA corporate strategy.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive, written Business Requirements working with many diverse, business leads for IT and business based projects.
- Help senior level business stakeholders plan and scope multiple inter-related initiatives and assist them in making informed and prudent decisions as they relate to project work.
- Manage and execute Quality Assurance and testing of completed development projects and oversee the Change Request governance processes.
- Provide training based on scope of project delivery.
- Provide input to business case development, technical specifications for IT builds and committees that influence detailed requirements.
- Maintain documents using established templates, version control and IT procedures as defined by the Enterprise Project Management Office)
- Work with junior BA in support of all requirement and process development. Leverage standard tools and techniques wire frames, work flows, case diagrams and other documentation) to develop appropriate Business Requirements.
- Coordinate, oversee and/or execute the Quality Assurance and Testing of technical builds implemented as a result of Project work, change requests and bug fixes.
- Augment or develop new testing scripts and scenarios for the IT builds to advance QA and testing of any application development or changes.
- Administer manual or automated testing processes.
- Use strong influencing and persuasive leadership skills to manage stakeholders during the testing and QA phases of every project.
- Provide expert advice to business on how various technical solutions may address their needs.
- Ensure IT projects that require a significant amount of business process or technical changes as referenced in the Business Requirement documentation incorporate an appropriate amount of Change Management support.
- Maintain and update business requirement and process documentation as a result of project scope changes or through the efforts of the change management tasks.
- Identify training requirements for internal stakeholders during the requirement development or project phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of information technology, computer hardware and applications software to test and implement new and changed computer applications and to make recommendations for information technology solutions to business problems.
- Excellent knowledge of English to document procedures and processes and good communications skills to discuss business problems and recommend information technology solutions.
- Successful completion of a four-year university degree in information technology or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Implementing and modifying a range of business applications software to develop and document business processes.
- Business experience sufficient to discuss business problems and recommend information technology solutions.
- Augmenting or developing new test scripts and scenarios in the area of IT advance QA and testing of application development or changes.
- Administering manual or automated testing processes. Requires experience in maintaining a change request or intake process.
- Requires experience to identify training requirements and to plan and coordinate training activities.
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate goals and objectives; listens actively and effectively and clarifies information as needed; interprets verbal and non-verbal messages; communicates tactfully and candidly.
- Demonstrates strong collaboration skills and techniques, which lead to conflict resolution, creating lasting productive partnerships.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple stakeholders and changing demands with supervision.
We thank you for your interest in ESA.
If your application is selected for further processing you will be notified by email.
Please be advised that in relation to all job postings on this webpage, accommodation for persons with disabilities is available throughout the recruitment process upon request in accordance with requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.