May 10, 2022
The number ONE job for the College is to make sure the public receives safe, effective, ethical care from all Chinese Medical Practitioners and Acupuncturists. We work with the public, stakeholders, and the greater health community to ensure that we provide quality regulation.
We are adding a Registration and Examination Assistant for a ONE-year contract. There is a very good chance this position will turn into a full-time position for the right candidate. We are located at 55 Commerce Valley Drive West in Thornhill. We have a family like culture where we spend time getting to know one another on a professional and personal basis. We engage in team building activities to create and maintain our tight knit group.
Imagine a job where you can use your exceptional administrative and organizational skills to help innovate, scale, and grow CTCMPAO.
Imagine a job where you can use your tech-savvy skills to further streamline and automate the day-today operations of the College.
Add a great collaborative team, plenty of growth development opportunities, excellent work life balance, and you have imagined a job at the CTCMPAO.
We are a secure and dynamic organization, and we have robust Covid protocols to keep our people safe. We also provide:
- Computer and communication equipment provided for home and work
- Two weeks vacation and the College is closed over Christmas Holidays
- Paid sick days
The Registration and Examination Assistant position is critically important to the College because it ensures exams are fair and equitable and that registrations are executed correctly. You will split your time between fielding enquires from the public, co-ordinating case inventories, and executing a wide variety of complex administrative tasks. The position pays between 42K to 52K depending on experience.
- Responds to requests for information regarding the registration processes, maintains logs of interactions, questions, advice, and direction provided
- Receives, reviews, and processes all applications, including applications for initial registration, status changes, and certificates of authorization
- Compiles member files, ensuring completeness, and fulfillment of the College’s registration requirements
- Reviews file documentation with the Manager as required and enters relevant information in the College’s database; flags applications that may require a committee review
- Prepares and processes incoming and outgoing Registration Team correspondence related to initial registration and renewals. Tracks application processing timelines, ensuring compliance with the College’s commitment to transparent, objective, impartial and fair registration processes
- Completes data entry; maintains hard-copy and electronic records for College members and applicants; ensures that files are accurate and current
- Updates member information for posting to the website and public Register
- Responds to requests for letters of standing; collaborates with the QA and Conduct departments to prepare letters of standing
- Prepares certificates of registration for new members
- Maintains program statistics and prepares reports and analysis as required by College leadership, Council and Committees and the Ministry
- Compiles and disseminates materials in preparation for Committees and Panels, attends Committee meetings
- Prepares draft Decisions and Reasons for the Registration Committee Panels
- Updates Committee operations manuals and resource materials for the Committee as directed by the Manager and in keeping with College policy and best practices
- Apprises the Manager regarding case file management, Committee activities and escalated issues resolution
- Prepares Committee reports as required
- Responds to requests for information regarding the Pan-Canadian examinations, the Jurisprudence Course Test and the Safety Program Test
- Maintains and updates applications forms, eligibility criteria and resource materials, in keeping with College policy and best practices, including posting of website content
- Coordinates examination activities, schedules and logistics (examination guides and applications), including accommodation requirements, and notifies candidates regarding examination dates, times and other relevant information
- Notifies candidates regarding examination results, maintains and updates candidate records
- Responds to candidate requests for information and assistance regarding the examination process, requirements, and timelines, directing to on-line resources as appropriate, and maintaining logs of interactions, questions, advice and direction provided
- Records and communicates examinations results received from third party to applicants and members via mail and email.
- Post-secondary education in an administrative or business-related field or equivalent experience
- Two or more years’ experience working with a membership/client database
- Understanding of professional health regulation in Ontario; knowledge and experience working with the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991, and the Traditional Chinese Medicine Act, 2006, would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in French, Mandarin and/or Cantonese language would be an asset
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with tact and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, analytical, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under stress and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to develop effective working relationships as a team player
- Proficient in computers, Microsoft Office (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and database programs (CRM)
Please submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com and include “Registration and Examinations Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed when they are received, and interviews will be scheduled until the position is filled.
At the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario, we are committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Right Code, we encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) you may require to ensure your equal participation.
We look forward to hearing from you!