The College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario (CTCMPAO) governs the practice of traditional Chinese medicine in Ontario. Established under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) and the Traditional Chinese Medicine Act, 2006 (TCMA), the College serves and protects the public interest by ensuring that all registered traditional Chinese medicine practitioners and Acupuncturists in Ontario are qualified to practise and that they maintain professional standards of practice.
To learn more about organizations that protect the public through licensing and professional regulation, visit the Canadian Regulatory Guide.
CTCMPAO is looking for a Manager, Quality Practice who will be responsible for the development, management, and implementation of the Quality Assurance (QA) and Patient Relations Programs. The manager will also lead the delivery of member education related to quality assurance, self, peer, and practice assessments, and the development of standards of practice for the profession.
Manages Program staff in the design, development, implementation, and monitoring of initiatives to ensure that members maintain their skills, knowledge, and judgment in accordance with the RHPA and College’s regulations, policies, and standards of practice:
- Initiates, develops, and implements projects related to the College’s QA Program and manages the day-to-day program operations.
- Provides direct support to the QA Committee. In conjunction with the QA Committee, develops, implements, evaluates, and revises appropriate policies and procedures for the administration of the QA Program, apprising the Registrar of matters which require policy interpretation.
- Establishes and implements standards for the Peer and Practice Assessment resource tools and provides direct support and oversight to the administration of complex case files and QA Committee deliberations in compliance with the Health Professions Procedural Code.
- Leads the development and maintenance of Professional Development Guidelines, assessment forms, guides, and reporting tools.
Monitors program activities related to annual Self-Assessment and Peer and Practice Assessment programs, ensuring timely notification and provision of relevant information and resources.
Collaborates with the IT department on the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the College’s information system to ensure that it includes necessary components for efficient delivery of the QA program.
- Benchmarks performance metrics and best practices in the legislative and regulatory environment, analyzing relevant information and trends as they relate to the QA Program, recommending improvement initiatives to the program policies and procedure
- Manages the practice advice and member education components of the QA Program, ensuring that members of the College and the public receive reliable and consistent information related to practice issues, standards, etc. Provides oversight to the Professional Practice Advisor(s) and the development of member education initiatives such as educational tips, webinars, and workshops.
- Provides direct support to the Patient Relations Committee with scheduling, agendas and meeting preparation, policy recommendations, decision-making, and the administration of the Patient Relations Program.
- Oversees the administration of the College’s funding for therapy and counselling program, ensuring that the program meets the College’s legislative obligations (e.g., confidentiality, timeliness, cost monitoring, etc.).
- Ensures that Committee members receive the required training related to the Patient Relations Program and related policies.
Preferred candidates will demonstrate experience and qualifications as follows:
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience and demonstrated leadership required.
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a legislative framework; demonstrated experience with the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 and the Health Professions Procedural Code is an asset. Experience with and/or knowledge of the Traditional Chinese Medicine Act, 2006 would be a definite asset.
- Proven program management and/or project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with Boards and/or Committees would be considered an asset.
- French language proficiency is an asset.
- A valid criminal record check will be required by the successful candidate.
- Direct experience in Quality Assurance Program within a regulatory body in
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using well-developed professionalism and judgement
We are a growing and dynamic organization with friendly, engaged staff in a collaborative work environment. We offer support for professional development, and a comprehensive vacation plan and benefits package (extended health insurance and RRSP).
To be considered for this role, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state “Manager, Quality Practice” in the subject line.
Please note: applications will be reviewed when they are received and will be scheduled until the position is filled. Interviews with eligible candidates may begin before the deadline. The College invites all eligible candidates to apply. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CTCMPAO promotes diversity in the workplace and is committed to ensuring that its recruitment and other employment activities are fair and equitable. Accommodations are available at all stages of the employment cycle upon request.