December 3, 2020
The College of Optometrists of Ontario is established under the Optometry Act, 1991 and the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 (RHPA) to regulate the practice of optometry in the public interest. The College has a duty to ensure the Ontario public has access to safe, effective and ethical care in their dealing with optometrists. The Registrar is the chief executive officer of the College and is responsible for discharging specific statutory duties as set out in the RHPA. The Registrar is appointed by, and reports to, the College’s Council.
As the ideal candidate and our new Registrar and CEO, you are an influential leader who has exceptional abilities in board and member relations as well as operational excellence. Your leadership legacy includes a track record of building relationships with your board and key stakeholders while advancing organizational interests.
As our Registrar and CEO you will provide visionary leadership and champion our organization’s mandate in your interactions with our Council, the public, government, professional members and stakeholders while advancing the public interest and the profession.
- Ensuring that College processes meet the legislative and regulatory mandate to serve and protect the public interest.
- Providing leadership, strategic vision, guidance as well as acting as trusted advisor to Council.
- Building and managing effective stakeholder relations with the public, government, optometrists and other stakeholders.
- Overseeing efficient and effective administration of the College and its operations including providing leadership to staff related to Council directives, College operations, including human resources, financial management and budget planning as well as emerging issues in practice regulations.
- Representing the College and our position to stakeholders.
- Leadership: Significant, progressively responsible senior management experience in a healthcare, regulatory or similar complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strategic and Tactical Orientation: A track record as a strategic and innovative thinker in a political and service oriented environment with the ability to communicate future vision and translate strategic objectives into successful outcomes in a fiscally accountable fashion while fostering a positive and innovative workplace.
- Governance: Exceptional understanding of governance and ability to work effectively with boards, councils, committees and diverse opinions.
- Stakeholder Relations: Ability to build productive alliances, relationships, manage sensitive situations and to deliver common solutions and results.
- People Leadership: Experience and ability to provide exceptional leadership, supervision and mentorship to staff and to build enthusiastic, high-performing staff teams.
- Resource Management: Experience developing and administering financial plans and managing human resources, including the ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Service Excellence and Business Transformation: Ability to demonstrate customer service excellence across the organization through the effective delivery of innovative programs and services in time-sensitive and changing environments.
- Regulatory Background: An understanding of health profession regulation and legislation is preferred, coupled with an ability to implement associated policy, operational procedures and Ministry reporting requirements.
- Communications: Excellent ability to communicate effectively and address concerns, complaints and requests with political sensitivity and diplomacy in situations of great importance to the College; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Education: University degree healthcare, public or business administration, education, or law; Master’s level credentials are an asset
The College offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Join us and lead a dedicated team focused on the evolution of our profession and College.
To explore this opportunity please apply via email by December 28, 2020 to email@example.com quoting project COO-CEO. Should you wish to speak to our Executive Recruiter please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214- 9299 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, email@example.com