March 14, 2021
The College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario is the regulatory organization that oversees the practice of occupational therapists (OTs) in Ontario. Our mission is to protect the public and instil confidence and trust by ensuring occupational therapists are competent, ethical, and accountable and provide safe and effective care of the people they serve.
Working together with the public, stakeholders, and the larger regulatory health community, we are currently working towards a new, bold vision: to be leaders in collaborative quality regulation. We are Canada’s largest regulator of occupational therapists and we oversee more than 6,000 registrants.
Reporting to the Manager, Registration, the College is seeking a Associate, Registration to provide support to the Registration Program. This includes all registration processes, services and supporting the Registration Committee.
- Acts as first point of contact for registration inquiries and other related information Providing assistance, problem solving, and investigating any issues that may arise as part of the registration process.
- Addresses requests from members of the public regarding registration and the status of occupational therapists.
- Develops and maintains registrant files throughout the registration process.
- Coordinates the case management process, maintaining case files, providing support for the Registration Committee and disseminating information related to
- Assists with the construction and distribution of the committee packages for the Registration Committee.
- Assists in the development and ongoing management of the registrant database, including development of queries and reports, and producing data management reports.
- Completes data entry and report generation in the registrant database.
- Ensures the accuracy of all data entry and reports, apprising the Manager, Registration of data anomalies, patterns of inquiries and other relevant trends and patterns in the registrant database
- Identifies and reports any issues pertaining to the function of the database
- Drafts all routine correspondence and documentation for the Registration Program.
- Processes all correspondence and documents from the Manager, Registration’s office.
- Assists with the preparation of files for the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board and the Divisional Court of Ontario when an appeal has been initiated
- Provides pre-meeting preparation and supports the delivery of case files referred to the Registration Committee.
- Assists with preparation activities for all meetings and teleconferences as assigned.
- Participates in program and College-wide ongoing and special projects, bringing skills and expertise and working with the project team toward the achievement of goals and objectives.
- Assist other program areas as needed to fill operational gaps.
- College diploma in business, health, library sciences or a related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative support position.
- Knowledge and ability to work within a legislative framework.
- Previous experience supporting boards, councils and/or committees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- French language proficiency is an asset.
- Data entry skills with demonstrated speed and accuracy.
- Ability to quickly and accurately proofread documents.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities while still achieving thoroughness and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive approach to work and independent problem-solving skills.
The starting annual salary range for this position is $50,535.00.
The College offers support for professional development, continuing education, and a comprehensive benefits plan with three weeks of vacation to start. During the pandemic, the College has commenced virtual operations. As such, this position will be predominantly teleworking until in person operations resumes.
We are a growing and dynamic organization with friendly, engaged staff in a collaborative work environment. The College recognizes work-life balance as fundamental to the health and well- being of its employees.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by end of day, March 26, 2021. Please quote “Registration Associate” in the subject line and ensure that all attachments use a filename containing your name.
The College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodation is available throughout all stages of the employment cycle.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.