October 4, 2021
The number ONE responsibility for The College of Midwives is to protect the public by making sure all midwives, operating in the province, are ethical, competent, and accountable. We have been a stable regulating body since 1993 and we are a tight team that works together to make sure the College runs smoothly.
Currently this position is fully remote and as of 2022 we will go back to the office on a hybrid basis. We have robust Covid protocols to keep our people safe in the office.
Our College values teamwork, equity and respect, information sharing, continuous feedback, supportive workstyle, work-life balance, open communication, and economical resource allocation. This hire is key to ensuring that our culture is maintained.
Imagine a job where YOU can bring your operations expertise and lifelong love of continuous improvement to bring our College to the next level!
Imagine a job where YOU are at the hub of all activity for the College ensuring operations, finance and HR are all running smoothly and efficiently!
Add a tight knit, collaborative team, a challenging variety of work and excellent work life balance, and you’ve imagined a job at The College of Midwives.
Excellent Communicator – you will be collaborating with not only our internal team but with executives, vendors, and the Board of Directors through various committees. Your verbal style must be confident, reassuring, positive, and clear.
Independent – you must be able to work effectively on your own liaising with accounting, IT, vendors, and the government while solving financial issues and preparing thorough reports.
Organized – you are self-motivated and manage your time well. As the key go to person for all operations and you must be able to organize and reorganize your day to meet often conflicting priorities and deadlines.
Flexible – this is a position where you will be wearing many hats and you must be flexible to help out in all areas of the business as required.
The Director of Operations exists to ensure team members have everything they need to razer focus and succeed in their own roles. The position includes oversight of College-wide operations including finance, human resources, building and site operations, information technology, privacy, security, and records management. Under the direction from the Registrar the Director of Operations takes full ownership of the operations of the College ensuring consistency with relevant legislation, regulation, governance policies, and bylaws.
The position package includes:
- Salary – 120k to 140k depending on experience
- Excellent benefits including vision and health insurance
- 5 paid weeks vacation
- One extra paid week off over the December Holidays
- Professional Development Fund
- Leading the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures
- Supporting all finance and operations staff directly using best practices in HR management
- Building and maintaining relevant stakeholder relationships
- Monitoring legislation as it relates to privacy, human resources and best practices related to financial management
- Reviewing and evaluating operational and organizational systems including College programs to ensure effective regulation
- Providing strategic planning, support, and expertise to Council, Committees, and working groups
- Acting as the College’s Information and Privacy Officer
- Ensuring the effective running of building operations, including maintenance, storage, and space alterations/renovations
- Responsible for privacy and security issues as well as records management
- Overseeing the implementation and ongoing assessment of the College’s information technology, ensuring appropriate systems are in place
- Acting as the project manager and lead on the Database Development Project
- Leading all HR planning in consultation with the Registrar and senior management team
- Manging the recruitment and hiring of high-quality personnel
- Recommending, creating, and administering HR policies, and benefits, in compliance with the Employment Standards Act
- Acting as a resource for staff who have human resource questions or concerns, and maintain privacy as appropriate
- Ensuring the College complies with all Labour, Employment and Human Rights legislation
- Accountable for the development and delivery of the annual budget on a timely basis
- Leads the College’s annual financial audit with the external auditor
- Ensuring the appropriate, accurate, and timely delivery of employee payroll and benefits including Revenue Canada reporting and all other source deductions
- Negotiating vendor contracts and approving all vendor costs
- Overseeing accounts payable and receivable
- Reporting quarterly statements of operations to the Board
- You are a strong senior team player who can establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues, both internally and externally
- You possess a minimum of five years experience in managing operations and 10 years of overall relevant work experience
- You possess a degree/diploma or related work experience
- You possess strong computer software skills, advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, planning applications and data base management tools
- You have experience in successfully managing and motivating teams
- You possess a strong sense of integrity and can always maintain confidentiality
- You can obtain a police and clean credit check
The College of Midwives of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals who identify as part of an equity seeking group to apply. We are committed to a barrier-free, equitable, and inclusive recruitment process and workplace.
Our goal is to ensure our College’s Council and staff team are reflective of the diversity of the community and we welcome any feedback in this regard.
Please submit your resume to Katherine Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the College of Midwives of Ontario, we are committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Right Code, we encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the selection process. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform the representative from Taylor McMahon of any accommodations(s) you may require to ensure your equal participation.