November 24, 2021
The College is the national regulatory body that promotes and protects the public interest by overseeing regulated immigration and citizenship consultants and international student advisors. We establish effective policies, practices, and procedures to regulate and educate immigration professionals.
Do you want to be part of a team that strives to enhance and uphold Canada’s immigration and citizenship consulting profession? If you share our passion and purpose, please consider applying for the opportunity below to become part of a team that makes a difference.
The Manager, Professional Standards and Education is responsible for quality, maintenance, interpretation, and development of the professional and certification standards to support the attainment of credibility, competence, relevance, and performance for licensees.
The Manager is responsible for providing expertise and oversight over the design, development, evaluation and revision of innovative and high-quality digital and blended learning solutions, programs, and materials in support of the College’s educational initiatives.
- Contribute to the overall development and annual execution of the strategic plan with particular focus on professional standards and educational implications.
- Ensure relevance and quality of standards for entry-to-practice education, post-licensure professional development and accreditation of pre- and post-licensure programs.
- Manage program development ensuring that appropriate curriculum development and instructional design models, as well as online pedagogical approaches, learning theories and technology solutions, are applied to each course and to the program’s development project.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to maintain quality of standards and competency frameworks to support entry standards, graduate diploma accreditation, CPD prioritization, and post qualification certification programs.
- Ensure the design of the effective learning experiences and assessments is rooted in cutting-edge research in adult learning, eLearning, and instructional design.
- Manage, develop, implement, monitor, and improve policies, procedures, standards, and processes related to the College’s educational strategy.
- Manage operations within the annual budget and contribute to the development of the annual budget.
- Collaborate with the Senior Project Manager to create detailed project plans outlining the activities, time estimates, and resources required to develop and implement projects.
- Knowledge of competency-based education and assessment tools
- Innovation, design-thinking, and project management skills
- Written and verbal skills to communicate, influence and build consensus
- Ability to collaborate as a team member with peers, partners, and stakeholders to meet organizational objectives
- Priority setting skills to thrive in a demanding work environment
- Master’s Degree in Distance Education or Instructional Design, or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing program development teams
- Knowledge of learning theories, instructional design models and best practices in course and program design and their application to program development and evaluation
- In-depth knowledge of educational literature, including online learning, instructional design, and adult learning
- Experience in using development tools to create interactive/digital content including integration of multi-media and dynamic assessment strategies
- Expertise with Learning Management System, usability standards and quality assurance processes
- Work Location: During the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, the College is hiring and onboarding 100% remotely
- The opportunity to protect the public interest within the immigration and citizenship sector
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- Access to the Employee and Family Assistance program
Click here to upload your resume and brief cover letter indicating why you feel you are fit for this role.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from persons legally entitled to work in Canada, who represent the diversity of our nation, and whose qualifications meet the skills and experiences we seek. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
A police record check is required from the successful candidate prior to hiring.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.