April 30, 2021
The College of Dietitians of Ontario (the “College”) regulates the dietetic profession in Ontario in the public interest. Under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991 and the Dietetics Act, 1991, the College establishes and enforces standards for safe, ethical and competent dietetic practice for approximately 4,000 Registered Dietitians.
Join a team of dedicated people that embodies a high-performance organization with a strong culture built on mutual respect, diversity, collaboration and continuous quality improvement.
For more information, visit: www.collegeofdietitians.org.
The College of Dietitians of Ontario regulates dietitians for public protection.
The College of Dietitians of Ontario delivers regulatory excellence to contribute to the health of Ontarians.
Integrity | Collaboration | Accountability | Transparency | Innovation
The Communications Manager plays an integral role in promoting a positive representation of the College’s image and branding to its members, the Council, general public and the media. The Communications Manager leads all aspects of the development and implementation of the College’s external communication strategies and activities.
The incumbent will be working from a home office until the College resumes onsite operations in the Toronto office and then there will be flexibility to work from home.
- Manages communications projects as assigned by the Registrar & Executive Director.
- Conceptualizes, develops and implements an organizational-wide strategic communications strategy to broaden awareness and strengthen the College’s brand across stakeholder audiences.
- Manages College communications projects to ensure quality in the design and content of all publications and educations materials, including verification of French translations.
- Works with the Registrar & Executive Director, Program Managers and the Professional Practice Program to package content for members, prepare key messages and draft communications.
- Oversees and executes the development of CDO’s electronic communication strategy, including the website, social media and other digital content.
- Provides strategic and crisis communications advice to the Registrar & Executive Director, the Council and other team members on issues involving the College.
- Leads in the creation of a media savvy organization for public education and member communications in both English and French – ensuring optimized use of technology, adult education principles and new communication tools and tactics, g., social media, mobile devise technologies.
- Acts as project editor for the College newsletter, annual report, website and any other publication or education project as directed by the Registrar & Executive Director.
- Contributes to the development of new content as required.
- Coordinates College communication activities and assists staff in the preparation of communications products and materials related to their programs and projects.
- Assists in handling contacts with public, members, and organizations.
- Assists in translation work from English into French.
- Works with the Manager of IT to ensure that technology and website design are AODA compliant and optimized for all users.
- Represents the College on the Health Profession Regulators of Ontario (HRPO) Communications Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership in strategic communications and publication management.
- Skillful communications practitioner with excellent editorial and listening skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French (preferred).
- Ability to research and clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of mead to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work with a team.
- Ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Initiative and good judgment.
- Knowledge of the principles of adult education.
- Experience using databases, evaluation/survey programs, social media, webinar platforms and literature search engines.
- Project management experience.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to influence others through strategic messaging.
- Broad knowledge of print, social media, video, web-production technologies, virtual meeting platforms and skilled in the use of word processing, communication and presentation software.
- A good sense of humour, won’t hurt either.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: CDO@enlivenhr.ca.
In order to be considered, all applications must include the following information in the subject line: CDO – Communications Manager
Application Deadline is Friday, May 14th, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if you require accommodation.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes do not included personal data including, but not limited to age, health, marital and family status.
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from all persons including Black, Indigenous and people of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
For candidates with disabilities requiring an accommodation, you may contact CDO@enlivenhr.ca.