April 23, 2021
Barker Hutchinson & Associates is recognized as an industry leader in professional regulation investigations. We have developed a reputation for thorough, timely, transparent investigations. Our team of investigators has decades of collective experience conducting investigations for many of Ontario’s professional regulatory bodies.
At Barker Hutchinson we’re building a culture where differences are valued and where every employee is celebrated for their unique perspective. We want to add to our culture at Barker Hutchinson and we want you to be a part of that. Join us and be part of our intelligent, insightful, and dynamic team.
We are currently seeking a regulatory investigator to join our team.
As an investigator you will be tasked with complex, high profile investigations for a variety of professional regulators. A significant proportion of your cases will involve allegations of sexual abuse, inappropriate billing practices, practice related concerns and other forms of professional misconduct.
At Barker Hutchinson you will be supported to reach your full potential as an investigator. You will be given a high degree of autonomy while being provided consistent mentorship and guidance. You will work primarily from home while also travelling regularly during the course of investigations. Barker Hutchinson’s Toronto-based office is also available to you when needed.
As an investigator you will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting complex investigations for a variety of regulators;
- Creating investigation plans for all cases;
- Liaising with other investigators;
- Liaising with regulators and counsel;
- Interviewing complainants, respondents and witnesses;
- Conducting undercover and covert investigations;
- Gathering information from a variety of resources;
- Generating reports that will be read by Barker Hutchinson & Associates’ clients; and
- Testifying in Court and at hearings, as needed.
Requirements for successful candidacy include:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Willingness to travel throughout the Province of Ontario;
- A high degree of discretion and sensitivity;
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple assignments at any given time;
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to adapt to changing tasks and priorities; and
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
Candidates with the following skills are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Experience conducting investigations for professional regulatory bodies;
- Experience investigating allegations of inappropriate billing or sexual abuse; and
- Fluency in another language (written and oral).
- Salary Range: $100,000 – $125,000
- Barker Hutchinson offers comprehensive healthcare benefits, RRSP contributions and paid opportunities for continuous learning and professional development.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume in a single PDF file to email@example.com.