August 18, 2021
MDR Public Affairs Ltd. is a boutique agency all about social impact. We provide corporate communications and executive leadership support to organizations whose mandates are to build safer, healthier, and greener communities.
Our clients are primarily Canadian regulatory bodies for whom we also promote their consumer protection mandate. We developed and currently manage:
We are hiring an Administrative and Project Assistant to support our CEO and project teams with the day-to-day delivery of critical tasks ensuring that the administrative obligations of the business are met, and projects are managed on time reflecting the required standards of excellence.
This is a permanent full-time role.
$40,000 – $50,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
Specifically, the tasks of the Administrative and Project Assistant will include the following:
- Provide high-level and senior administrative support to the CEO including coordinating online and virtual meetings.
- Correspond with clients and associates as needed.
- Attend meetings taking careful notes for distribution to attendees.
- Efficiently manage the CEO’s schedule.
- Issue invoices and reminders to clients.
- Manage our project intake and management system to ensure projects are efficiently logged and overseen.
- Conduct research for project teams.
- Support the Managing Editor of The Registrar magazine in ensuring that editorial processes are on schedule.
- Develop surveys and other tools requested by clients.
- Upload employment opportunities to RegulatoryJobs.ca as required.
- In close cooperation with technical teams, ensure that the company website and all other online tools are current and functional.
Marketing and Communications
- Support the CEO in producing effective marketing and communications materials for prospective and existing clients.
- Create presentations.
- Proofread reports.
- Manage the company’s social media presence.
- Post-secondary training in office management, project management or administrative services with more than five years of experience; or
- Recent graduate of a university with a degree in Business, English, Communications, Journalism with three to five years of experience.
- Previous project management and operations experience is essential.
- Previous experience working with or for Canadian regulatory bodies is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a consulting, legal or other professional services setting is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills.
- Highly analytical with a strong strategic mindset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience coaching project teams and C-suite leaders, even the CEO when needed, is desirable.
- Innovative and ideas driven.
MDR Public Affairs Ltd. is a largely virtual business headquartered in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia with associates across Canada. Candidates may be located anywhere within Canada. No foreign applications please.
Preference will be given to applicants in the Halifax Regional Municipality who agree to a blended (remote and onsite) work schedule. All applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume saved as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Friday, September 3, 2021. Cover letters should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s relevant qualifications. Applications received without cover letters will not be considered.
While MDR Public Affairs always seeks candidates with impressive resumes and stellar academic achievements, our foremost commitment is to ability and future potential. Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, we encourage applications from qualified professionals who face personal and systemic barriers to employment, and make the necessary accommodations to support our valued team members’ disabilities and other important considerations such as religion and gender.