Benard + Associates is at the forefront of the professional regulation investigations sector and is renowned for its precision, efficiency, and transparency. Over the years, the firm has built an esteemed reputation for delivering comprehensive investigations that withstand scrutiny and provide our clients with the comfort of knowing that outcomes are accurate, fair, and professional.
Our seasoned team of investigators is well-versed in handling cases for regulatory bodies across Canada. As a certified B-Corp, we are committed to society, our communities, and the world. We live by the motto Using Business as Force for Good.
Embarking on a journey with us means stepping into a world where your professional growth is our priority. While you’ll have the liberty to exercise autonomy, a network of support, mentorship, and enlightenment awaits to foster your skills. Enjoy the flexibility of your choice to work from home, when you wish but have a fully outfitted office space when you prefer or want to engage with other team members. You will also have assignments that take you into the field, adding another layer of interest to the work.
In this pivotal role, you will dive into intricate, sensitive, and complex cases, working closely with professional regulators of many professions. Your caseload will encompass inquiries into conduct-related accusations such as fraudulent behaviour, sexual, physical, or psychological abuse, and other unprofessional conduct. You will also investigate different practice-related issues dependent on the profession in question. Finally, you will investigate illegal practitioners where you will utilize a “unique set of skills” that you have, or we will teach you. This variety in your casework will mean you are never bored and will experience daily opportunities for professional growth.
- Spearhead multifaceted investigations for diverse regulators.
- Develop detailed investigation blueprints.
- Collaborate with fellow investigators and stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews and gather insights from various sources.
- Conduct undercover investigations.
- Prepare and execute search warrants when required.
- Deliver comprehensive reports tailored for Benard + Associates’ clientele.
- Testify in hearings when required.
- A post-secondary education in a relevant social sciences or other discipline preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in regulatory investigations or other similar setting strongly required.
- Excellent communication prowess, both oral and written.
- Able to travel independently and overnight, if necessary
- Deeply focused on confidentiality, discretion, and sensitivity
- Proficient in managing multiple tasks under stringent deadlines.
- Adaptable and decisive judgment.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Proven track record in professional regulatory investigations
- Multilingual communication skills.
- A desire to grow professionally.
- An attractive compensation package.
- Voluntary opportunities for overtime and bonuses.
- Generous leave entitlements, including vacation, personal, and sick days.
- Employer-paid health benefits package with employee assistance plan.
- Employer-paid life insurance.
- Employer matching Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- Employer-sponsored and paid continuing education.
All applications should include a cover letter and resume (ideally in one document). Please email your application to email@example.com.
The process for selection will include several tests to assess your abilities. We do this to ensure our mutual success from the outset. You must be willing to invest up to 4 hours of your time across 2 to 3 meetings to complete the assessment process.
We champion a workplace where diversity is a treasure and inclusivity a norm. If you need any accommodations during the recruitment journey, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Benard + Associates, every perspective is a gem contributing to the mosaic of our organizational culture. We’re on a quest to enhance this culture with your uniqueness. Step into a space where intelligence, insights, and enthusiasm converge. Welcome to Benard + Associates.