March 29, 2021
FCNB is a leader in integrated financial and consumer services regulation. FCNB’s mandate is to protect consumers and enhance public confidence in the financial and consumer marketplace through the provision of regulatory and educational services. With offices in both Fredericton and Saint John, it is responsible for the administration and enforcement of provincial legislation regulating mortgage brokers, payday lenders, real estate, securities, insurance, pensions, credit unions, trust and loan companies, co-operatives, and a wide range of consumer legislation. FCNB is an independent Crown corporation funded by the regulatory fees and assessments paid by its regulated sectors.
We offer opportunities for dedicated professionals to play a vital role in carrying out our mandate.
We are seeking a self-motivated, goal-oriented professional who will act as the GM for NBCUDIC (New Brunswick Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation) along with compliance related activities within the Financial Institutions Division. This position will ensure that the NBCUDIC board of directors and the Corporation carry out the Corporation’s obligations in accordance with its statutory requirements under the Credit Unions Act, and to support the FI Division in the prudential supervision of loans and trust companies and credit unions.
The successful incumbent will have a particular focus on planning, organizing, controlling and leading all aspects of the operations of the Corporation. This position also supports the Director of Financial institutions in the supervision of Loans and Trust companies, and in policy development for both the Loan and Trust Companies Act and the legislation governing credit unions.
This position reports directly to the CEO of NBCUDIC and the Director of Financial Institutions.
You are well organized, can handle competing demands while achieving deadlines and enjoy a variety of work challenges. You possess excellent interpersonal skills and excellent strategic thinking ability. You are able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Other qualifications include:
- Completion of a university degree in either business or commerce;
- Significant experience (5 to 7 years) relevant to the position;
- Excellent executive presence;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in both official languages would be considered an asset);
- Other experience in the following areas would be considered an asset: legislative amendments, administrative and governance policy development, regulatory compliance and enforcement, accounting, legal and project management;
- Experience in the financial services industry, including regulatory functions and legislation, is an asset for this position;
- Prior experience with a board of directors is also an asset.
The Financial and Consumer Services Commission offers a competitive salary and benefit package as well as excellent opportunities for personal growth and challenge. If you are interested in being a key part of this team, please forward your résumé and covering letter to:
Financial and Consumer Services Commission
ATTN: Human Resources Officer
For more information about this position please visit our website at www.fcnb.ca or call the Human Resources Officer at (506) 643-7858.