July 8, 2020
Engineers and Geoscientists BC regulates and governs the professions of engineering and geoscience under the authority of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act.
The association is charged with protecting the public interest by setting and maintaining high academic, experience, and professional practice standards for over 37,000 registrants. Individuals licensed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC are the only persons permitted by law to undertake and assume responsibility for engineering and geoscience projects in BC.
We are a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected members, licensees, and government appointees. The council is accountable to the public through the Ministry of the Attorney General, under the Office of the Superintendent of Professional Governance, for both the governance and management of the association.
To learn more about our work please visit us at https://www.egbc.ca/
Reporting to the Associate Director, Finance and Administration, the Customer Service and Administrative Representative is responsible for supporting and providing relief to the front desk customer service, annual billing, the accounts payable function and general administrative support to the Finance and Administration team.
- Provides customer and staff support for inquiries and/or concerns through phone, email and one-on-one interactions
- Distributes incoming mail, packages, and processes outgoing mail and packages daily; arrange for courier pickups and for any outgoing packages and letters before the pickup deadline and assigns account codes.
- Provides customer service regarding customers/members inquiries including billing related questions; maintains customer information in ERP system
- Assists in ensuring data integrity of member accounts in reference to member type, status, and other billing-related information and communicates with the business analysts
- Helps with front desk coverage including switchboard and customer service; assists with office logistics including mail correspondence and meeting arrangements; processes walk-in members purchases of Law and Ethics books or CDs; acts as back-up support for the overflow of registration-related inquiries and member fee payments
- Provides supporting including creating invoices, processing payments, and sending receipts to members for special events, courses, and seminars; assists registration coordination with payment collection.
- Provides support for the accounts payable function including checking backup documentation, timely invoice entry, assurance or supervisory approval, and proper allocation of accounting classification.
- Assist with the accounts payable inquiries including communication with payees to obtain or provide information as needed.
- Supports the finance and administrative team in filling and document management duties
- Other duties as assigned by management.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience related to customer service, administration, and data entry in an accounting system
- Diploma or post-secondary education in business administration or a related discipline is preferred.
The position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate that they have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and database management (MRM/CRM)
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work in a professional and collaborative environment;
Each member of our team enables us to deliver on our vision to be the innovative regulatory leader respected by community and governments while striving for professional excellence through an engaged and supported membership. At Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia we are committed to demonstrating our values of respect, team, integrity, accountability, professionalism, and innovation.
We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.