June 22, 2021
The College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC) regulates over 5800 registered massage therapists (RMTs) in British Columbia. CMTBC is headed by its Registrar/CEO, and is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of both elected RMTs and government-appointed public members. Operating under the Health Professions Act, CMTBC serves the public by protecting its right to safe, ethical and effective massage therapy, and it aims to be an innovator and leader in public-focused health care regulation.
As CMTBC continues to grow, we have revisioned the role of Manager, Examinations and Entry to Practice as a full-time position to provide consistent and fair pathways to registration. Working with the Director, Professional Practice and designated administrative support, the successful applicant will manage CMTBC’s twice-yearly registration examination, oversee the transition of labour mobility candidates from Canada’s other regulated jurisdictions to BC, oversee assessment of the substantial equivalency of candidates who apply outside of the regular streams of entry to becoming a registered massage therapist in BC, and stay in touch with accreditation processes to ensure that high standards of education and training continue to be delivered in the public interest.
CMTBC seeks a dynamic individual who is: inspired by CMTBC’s public-interest mandate; innovative and resourceful; detail-oriented and organized; confident and able to make well-informed decisions when these need to be made; able to exercise judgment and work independently, and also able to report appropriately, ask for help when needed, and work collaboratively as part of a team. The successful individual will have: a clinical credential and practice experience as a health-care professional (though not necessarily as an RMT); knowledge and experience with competency assessment (post-secondary studies in education ideal though not mandatory); exceptional communication skills; demonstrated success at multi-layered project management; experience managing staff; and will be deserving of the public trust.
As Manager, Examinations and Entry to Practice, you will report to the Director, Professional Practice and lead the entry-to-practice processes of CMTBC.
You will manage relationships with content developers, examiners, venues, psychometric support, and ensure that entry-to-practice processes are appropriately resourced. You will administer CMTBC’s twice-yearly registration examination within budget, and you will ensure that exam decisions are defensible as well as fair. You will be involved in projects intended to achieve the strategic priorities set out in CMTBC’s current (2020-2022) strategic plan.
- Managing CMTBC’s relationships with external contractors and service providers
- Planning and execution of the twice annual Registration Examination
- Securing exam venues and support (invigilators, proctors)
- Training and assessing examiners for the Performance Based Assessment (practical component of the twice annual Registration Examination)
- Signing-off on exam content and presentation to ensure accuracy, clarity, and ease of understanding
- Ensuring that in-house preparation and workflow is completed to a high standard and that timelines are met for all components of the Examination and entry-to-practice processes
- Liaising with CMTBC’s psychometricians
- Performing timely review of candidates’ results at examination and finalizing results in consultation with the Director, Professional Practice
- Overseeing statistical summaries of exam results by stream of entry to share with education programs, and publish on CMTBC website
- Planning and execution of Prior Learning Assessments
- Monitoring staff selection of test centres across Canada (labour mobility pathway)
- Overseeing security measures regarding exam invigilation
- Supervising administrative staff involved with entry-to-practice processes
- Ensuring that entry-to-practice information on CMTBC’s website is kept current and accurate
Health profession credential (regulated Canadian health profession); minimum three years’ experience in project management, education, testing and assessment in a health profession; a demonstrated track record of responsibility for your work product and achievement of goals set by your employer; excellent oral and written communications skills; demonstrated ability to work collaboratively both within an organization and with external partners; proficiency with Microsoft Office; experience working with databases and/or information management systems is an asset.
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursements for approved, job-related external training or education
Does this sound like a role you are keen to take on? If so, please tell us why you believe you are the perfect fit to be our Manager, Examinations and Entry to Practice. Submit your application (résumé and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.