March 24, 2021
The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is seeking a results driven individual with proven analytical, stakeholder engagement, and communications skills for the Associate Director, Membership Regulation position. This is a great opportunity for you to apply your technical and analytical skills in this unique and exciting role. We are proudly recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021. Come join a high performing and collaborative network of like-minded professionals by applying to the position.
The Associate Director, Membership Regulation plays an integral role in protecting the public and upholding the public’s confidence in the CPA profession. This newly created role will support the Vice President, Membership Regulation & Privacy Officer to address emerging membership regulation issues and to maintain effective membership regulation. This role works closely with the Membership Committee on policy and operational issues to administer a fair process to endeavour to only enroll students and admit members in CPABC who are suitably qualified and of good character.
Strategic Policy Development and Implementation
- Support the Vice-President, Membership Regulation with research, report writing and approval processes to address emerging policy issues;
- Develop, communicate and execute implementation plans for policy changes and improvements;
- Support the Vice-President, Membership Regulation with planning, evaluation and reporting on Membership activities;
- Continuously improve policies, procedures and systems for effective membership regulation;
- Draft and maintain website content and regulatory membership communications;
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, CPA Western School of Business and CPABC colleagues to ensure effective registration of student and members;
- Manage caseload of complex student enrollment and membership admission applications;
- Manage caseload of student accommodation requests;
- Prepare meeting materials and present applications and accommodation requests to the Membership Committee as appropriate;
Other Projects & Strategic Initiatives
- Provide support to other departments in their projects, as required;
- Collaborate with other provincial CPA bodies;
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice President, Membership Regulation from time to time.
- Five (5) plus years of dedicated experience in regulation, administrative law, or similar functions;
- CPA designation or law degree would be an asset;
- Objective, fair and open-minded approach to work;
- Cogent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with a high degree of attention to detail;
- Sound professional judgment and problem resolution skills,
- Strategic minded with an ability to plan ahead and pre-empt unintended consequences;
- Courage and ability to have tough conversations to assess relevant information;
- Diplomatic and tactful, with the ability to deliver difficult messages when necessary; and
- Ability to work independently when required with strong teamwork skills and a collaborative working
CPABC offers a balanced and flexible work environment with a competitive compensation package for this exciting and challenging position. At CPABC we live our core values:
- We Are Open
- We Work Together
- We Communicate
- We Improve Every Day
- We Are Professional
- We Laugh and Celebrate
If this job outline describes you, please email your résumé and cover letter to HRCPABC@bccpa.ca. This position will remain open until filled.
We thank in advance all candidates who respond; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Chartered Professional Accountants of British Columbia (CPABC) is the training, governing, and regulatory body for over 37,000 CPA members and 6,000 CPA students. CPABC carries out its primary mission to protect the public by enforcing the highest professional and ethical standards and contributing to the advancement of public policy. CPAs are recognized internationally for bringing superior financial expertise, strategic thinking, business insight, and leadership to organizations. CPABC was presented with a BC Top Employer award for 2020 and 2021.