November 28, 2020
CPA Alberta is the professional regulatory organization representing Alberta’s approximately 30,000 Chartered Professional Accountants (CPAs). Alberta’s CPA’s are among the more than 200,000 Canadian CPAs who provide financial and management expertise across the country and around the world, at every level and in every sector. CPA Alberta’s legislated mandate is to protect the interest of the public, protect the integrity of the profession, promote and increase the competence of Alberta CPAs, and regulate the conduct of Alberta CPAs.
CPA Alberta has offices in Edmonton and Calgary.
Further information can be found at our website: www.cpaalberta.ca.
Are you a designated Chartered Professional Accountant who is passionate about engaging and networking with fellow members of the profession? Do you have an inner desire to positively influence the engagement of members of the CPA profession in Alberta? Read on as this may be the role for you!
The Director of Member Engagement & Technical Advisory Services leads the strategy development design and implementation of CPA Alberta’s member advisory and engagement programs and services; these strategies and programs support the professional growth, development and engagement of all members in Alberta and further enhance competence in skill areas to become leaders in their field.
The Director takes an active leadership role on a national Member Advisory Services Group and in addition, takes a supporting role on an Advisory and Collaboration Committee, and other committees and taskforces as required.
The Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
To succeed in this position, you will be a leader with the ability to bring visions to life through successful planning and execution, by leveraging the skills and talents of a team of individuals and developing and leveraging a strong network of member volunteers.
- Lead, mentor and support two (2) team members; giving regular feedback and recognition and actively participating in the regular performance review process. Effectively set priorities and monitor work assignments delegated to and the responsibility of direct reports.
- Provides overall strategic direction in planning department activities, tools and resources.
- Leads the development, management and results of the annual departmental business plan and budget.
Member Engagement Programs and Services
- Oversee the development and design, delivery, review and support of:
- engagement programs and services that increase member engagement with CPA Alberta and its’ members
- Member volunteer frameworks and programs, including tax clinics, financial literacy and support for CPA Alberta statutory and other committees
- Cultivate and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with internal management, members, employers, other provincial bodies, chapters, practitioner groups, ambassador groups, and other stakeholder groups.
- Research areas of relevance to aid in the development and promotion of relevant peer support resources to enhance member competency.
- Represent CPA Alberta’s need on national committees as required.
Member Advisory Services
- Oversee the development and process for the provision of confidential, non-authoritative guidance for all member sectors and the public with regard to technical and professional issues related to ethics, bylaws, rules of professional conduct, CPA Canada Handbook and other technical matters, practice management, accounting and auditing.
- Stay abreast of changes to standards, tax legislation and other business, industry and regulatory standards.
- Gather and share information regarding Alberta member needs, experience, programs, practices, and services.
- Assist in the development of conclusions and recommendations regarding initiatives for advisory services and members in public practice.
- Assist in the development of opportunities for the provision of equivalent services, products and engagement initiatives in all provincial bodies.
- Oversee the publication of member advisories, bulletins, articles, online resource center, and other publications.
- Develop and deliver advisory presentations to targeted groups members.
- Act as a referral source for industry and technical experts for members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting; or another related discipline coupled with a professional accounting designation and a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience.
- Seven to ten years of senior level and progressively responsible experience including a high level of business strategy experience and an ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships based on trust and integrity.
- A minimum of five years of managerial experience is essential. This experience should include budget management; business-planning; staff hiring, supervision, development and training; and team leadership. Equivalences will be considered.
- Experience planning, organizing and implementing programs and initiatives to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to represent an organization in a professional manner with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Recent experience in public practice is considered an asset.
- Use and maintain technology essential to member advisory and engagement, including web presence, social media, and internal and external databases.
- Value and Ethics
- Teamwork and Adaptability
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Management
- Risk Management
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
Fast paced work environment.
Frequent travel, within and outside of Alberta, may be required.
Location: Edmonton or Calgary Office
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.