March 18, 2021
The Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA) protects consumers and the public interest and supports economic well-being through responsive marketplace regulation. FCAA enhances consumer protection through licensing, registration, disclosure, audit, complaint handling and enforcement activities pursuant to various provincial statutes.
Are you a highly motivated litigation lawyer who is interested in securities law and making a difference for Saskatchewan businesses and investors?
At the Financial and Consumer Affairs Authority of Saskatchewan (FCAA), we support Saskatchewan’s economic well-being by regulating the financial marketplace to protect consumers and the public interest. In the Securities Division, we regulate the sale of securities in the province to protect investors through registration, disclosure, audits, complaint handling, and enforcement activities.
We are seeking a litigation lawyer to provide legal services and advice primarily to the Enforcement Branch, Securities Division. You will conduct administrative hearings before hearing panels of FCAA and attend court as required. You will also provide legal services to other branches within the Securities Division as required.
- Have a university degree in law and membership in, or qualification for membership in, the Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Have comprehensive knowledge of contract law, corporate law, and administrative law and an interest in securities law and public policy formulation
- Be experienced in conducting civil litigation, regulatory proceedings or criminal prosecutions
- Be professional, trustworthy and diplomatic in order to earn and sustain the trust, respect and confidence of the Chair’s office, management team, staff and stakeholders;
- Be tactful and discreet when dealing with confidential and sensitive information; and
- Be thorough and attentive to detail to ensure quality of work
- Competitive compensation. The salary range for this position is $6,989 -$13,467 monthly;
- Comprehensive health benefits including life insurance, medical, dental, extended health plan, and long term disability;
- Employee pension plan;
- Access to on-site gym and pool facilities at a reduced rate; Professional development opportunities; Positive workplace, upbeat corporate culture; Career growth potential; and Excellent work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to workplace diversity.