September 20, 2020
MDR Public Affairs is a social enterprise that provides strategic communications services and develops innovative digital marketing solutions for organizations that improve access to education and those committed to building safer, healthier, and greener communities.
In August 2019, MDR Public Affairs launched RegulatoryJobs.ca, a job search website built exclusively for regulatory bodies. Since its launch, it has shared more than 1,300 employment opportunities across the country and has become the leading job search site in Canada for career listings in the sector.
We are preparing to launch RegulatoryJobs.ca 2.0, our improved version of the original website. This new site has an enhanced front and back-end; client login and dashboard; and a one-stop-shop solution enabling regulatory recruiters to simultaneously post employment opportunities on LinkedIn, Indeed, Charityvillage, and other sites.
To assist us in managing the new platform, we are hiring a Client Support Coordinator, RegulatoryJobs.ca who will reach out to Canadian regulatory organizations to inform them of our new platform and also provide ongoing customer service support as needed. Note that this is not a sales opportunity, but rather a support service role to strengthen our relationships with the Canadian regulatory community.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Client Support Coordinator, RegulatoryJobs.ca will:
- reach out to Canadian regulatory bodies to maintain an accurate database of contacts;
- share ongoing information about service enhancements to RegulatoryJobs.ca;
- maintain regular contact with our valued clients;
- respond to client questions and concerns in a timely manner;
- share news and information from regulatory bodies in the Canadian Regulatory Guide; and
- update social media channels with information from regulatory bodies.
This is an ideal opportunity for:
- a recently graduated student seeking relevant experience in customer and client service, communications, or human resources;
- a recent immigrant seeking Canadian work experience; or
- a professional with limited work experience returning to the workforce after an extended leave for medical, parental, or other personal reasons.
We are looking for an independent self-starter who prefers to work with minimal supervision. To be successful in this role, candidates will have:
- completed high school, community, or career college;
- at least one year of work experience in an administrative function;
- excellent written experience and a vitriolic dislike for bad grammar and spelling;
- proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Outlook and Excel;
- previous experience in managing a client database strongly preferred;
- previously used social media in a professional, not personal context;
- a high degree of accuracy in their work; and
- tremendous tact, patience, enthusiasm, and determination.
Fluency in French is considered an important asset as is previous experience working with a Canadian regulatory body.
This is a remote work opportunity. Applicants must have access to a phone, computer, reliable high-speed internet, and a quiet office from which to make telephone and video calls.
This growth opportunity will begin as a part-time position (10-15 hours per week) with the opportunity for full-time, permanent employment in 2021.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada – no exceptions – and be based in Canada.
Interested applicants should apply to MDR Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies or phone calls, please.
As a social enterprise committed to sustainable community development, MDR Public Affairs is particularly interested in hearing from members of the BIPOC (Black Indigenous and People of Colour), LGBTQ+, and new Canadian communities, as well as other applicants from communities who traditionally face barriers to equitable and gainful employment.
Accommodations for gender, religion, and disability needs to be considered as necessary.