July 10, 2020
The College of Physiotherapists of Ontario regulates physiotherapists and exists to protect and serve the public interest. The College protects the rights of patients to safe, competent, and ethical care by ensuring physiotherapists maintain professional standards of practice and are held accountable for their conduct and practice.
The College of Physiotherapists of Ontario is currently seeking a highly driven, results-oriented, and ‘hands-on’ person with strong research, analytical, and governance skills to fill the position of Policy and Governance Manager.
The Policy and Governance Manager will report directly to the Registrar and will be responsible for providing direction on policy development; expert advice and consultation on issues related to regulation and health policy; and oversight, direction, and support for the College’s Policy and Governance staff.
The Manager will provide expertise: on research, analysis, investigation; interpretation of current environmental trends in policy and governance; consideration of feedback from stakeholders; and awareness of regulatory obligations to assist the College in fulfilling its regulatory mandate and maintaining good governance practices.
Responsibility for Governance and Policy
- Advises on current trends and emerging issues related to regulation, health policy and governance in Ontario.
- Provides counsel regarding appropriate response to stakeholder consultations. • Acts as governance and education resource for Council and committees.
- Oversees the Policy Analyst in their role as research and policy development resource for Council, committees, and staff.
- Oversees reviews of governance policies, by-laws, and regulations and manages any required approval processes.
- In collaboration with the Governance Analyst, maintains ongoing awareness of how governance policies are implemented and operationalized at the College.
- Provides support on policy development, as needed, and advises staff engaged in policy development on matters related to process, analysis, consultation, and research. • In collaboration with Program Managers/Directors, establishes a framework to track the approval and ongoing review of program policies.
- Ensures regular review, revision and development of standards and other regulatory instruments.
Oversight of Policy & Governance Staff
- Oversees all human resources, program performance, data collection, budgeting, and policy development activities for the Policy Team.
- In conjunction with the Registrar, provides direction and support to the Governance Analyst.
- University degree in health policy, public administration/policy, law or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and job experience in a related field.
- Several years of progressive experience in a regulatory environment in diverse roles such as regulatory and health policy, and governance, or a combination of related experience
- Demonstrated experience reading and understanding legislation, regulations, and case law.
- Demonstrated experience working with boards/governing councils and managing related governance matters.
- Proven skills in research, analysis, program development, and project management
- Managerial and supervisory experience
- A temporary full-time position (15-month contract to cover a maternity leave)
- College employees can work out of the office in Toronto, and/or from home. Note: in-person office attendance will be required on occasion.
If you are interested in this position and you meet all the requirements, please apply online and upload your résumé and cover letter highlighting related experience no later than Friday, July 31, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and invited to participate in the recruitment process.
The College’s goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Please let us know if you require any accommodation to participate in this process.