July 8, 2020
Engineers and Geoscientists BC regulates and governs the professions of engineering and geoscience under the authority of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act.
The association is charged with protecting the public interest by setting and maintaining high academic, experience, and professional practice standards for over 37,000 registrants. Individuals licensed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC are the only persons permitted by law to undertake and assume responsibility for engineering and geoscience projects in BC.
We are a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected members, licensees, and government appointees. The council is accountable to the public through the Ministry of the Attorney General, under the Office of the Superintendent of Professional Governance, for both the governance and management of the association.
To learn more about our work please visit us at https://www.egbc.ca/
Reporting to the Associate Director, Finance and Administration, The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for the full cycle accounting transactions up to and including financial statements preparation. Other responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivables, job costing, cash flow, budgeting, and variance analysis. The role will respond to inquiries on financial transactions and related policies and procedures related to assigned financial units.
- Responsible for financial transactions, reconciliations, cost monitoring, financial reporting and analysis of assigned Engineers and Geoscientists BC units.
- Supports the administration and management of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payables, and accounting functions.
- Responsible for the preparation and analysis of job cost report.
- Prepares and maintains continuity schedules.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and prepare monthly recurring journal entries.
- Assists with year-end working papers for audit and quarterly financial reporting.
- Supports team with the performance of full cycle accounting, budgeting, reporting, and analysis.
- Backs up for other team members for vacation and workload overflow.
- Provides customer service regarding customers/members inquiries including billings related questions; maintains accurate master data information in ERP system.
- Administers and delivers finance and administration programs and services; identifies opportunities for improvement and make adjustments where required.
- Provides input into policy and program development and develops processes, materials, and tools to facilitate the development and continuous improvement of finance and administration programs and services.
- Manages one-time or limited time finance and administration initiatives/projects of moderate complexity, including scope, planning, communication, implementation, budget management, and measurement.
- Conducts data analysis and interpretation to support the measurement of results for core finance and administration programs and uses data to identify opportunities to make improvements as required.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- CPA student or newly certified CPA
- Completed a degree in Commerce or Business Administration, or a related discipline; and
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience related to full-cycle accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payrolls, and accounts reconciliations.
The position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate that they have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work in a professional and collaborative environment.
Each member of our team enables us to deliver on our vision to be the innovative regulatory leader respected by community and governments while striving for professional excellence through an engaged and supported membership. At Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia we are committed to demonstrating our values of respect, team, integrity, accountability, professionalism, and innovation.
We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.