July 8, 2020
Engineers and Geoscientists BC regulates and governs the professions of engineering and geoscience under the authority of the Engineers and Geoscientists Act.
The association is charged with protecting the public interest by setting and maintaining high academic, experience, and professional practice standards for over 37,000 registrants. Individuals licensed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC are the only persons permitted by law to undertake and assume responsibility for engineering and geoscience projects in BC.
We are a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected members, licensees, and government appointees. The council is accountable to the public through the Ministry of the Attorney General, under the Office of the Superintendent of Professional Governance, for both the governance and management of the association.
To learn more about our work please visit us at https://www.egbc.ca/
Reporting to the Associate Director, Regulation of Firms, the Administrative Assistant position is responsible for the administrative functions of the Professional Practice, Standards, and Development (PPSD) department related to the Regulation of Firms. This includes preparation of documents, customer support for firms, maintaining MRM database, support for advisory groups, and committee meetings. Administering the annual renewal process for firms and conducting follow-ups as required and performs general office duties.
- Handle a variety of general office duties including formatting/drafting letters, printing correspondence, meeting support, and filing.
- Maintaining records in the MRM database relevant to the Regulation of Firms.
- Administer the annual renewal process for firms and conduct follow-ups with those that are delinquent.
- Assisting the Manager, Regulation of Firms Training in organizing and scheduling training sessions.
- Provide telephone/email support for the Regulation of Firm’s process requirements.
- Provide telephone/email support for the Regulation of Firm’s web portal.
- Provide administrative support to the Regulation of Firms Advisory Group and Organizational Quality Management Advisory Group including meeting scheduling, set-up, tear-down, taking minutes, and distribution of materials.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings including arranging catering and corresponding with attendees as required.
- Drafting and maintaining standard operation procedures (SOPs) relevant to the role.
- Monitor and maintain program general email inboxes, responding to or forwarding messages as
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Completed a diploma in marketing, communications, business administration, or a related discipline; and
- 5 years of relevant work experience related to administration in an office environment
The position will require the successful candidate to demonstrate that they have:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and database management (MRM/CRM)
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of projects;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work in a professional and collaborative environment
Each member of our team enables us to deliver on our vision to be the innovative regulatory leader respected by community and governments while striving for professional excellence through an engaged and supported membership. At Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia we are committed to demonstrating our values of respect, team, integrity, accountability, professionalism, and innovation.
We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, generous benefits program including a group health program, group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.