June 28, 2020
BCCNP is the college empowered under the Health Professions Act to regulate the practice of all licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and nurse practitioners in British Columbia. Regulation helps to protect the public by ensuring that professional care or service received by the public is competent, ethical and meets the standards that society views as acceptable.
At BCCNP each of us strives to meet our commitment to the following values to maintain a workplace that is respectful and supports the well-being of every BCCNP employee:
- Trust is essential
- Better together
- Speak the truth
- Protect the public
- Stay curious
As a member of the team, you can expect to be treated in a respectful and professional manner. While your workload will be busy, the college supports staff in achieving a healthy work-life balance.
Do you love investigating technical issues and solving problems? Do you have strong communication skills and a knack for supporting users through technical tasks? Do you love technology and thrive when learning new systems and applications? Would you like to work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment where issues are openly shared and solved? If you answered YES, BCCNP has an exciting role as Service Desk Analyst within its Service Desk and Business Supports team.
The Service Desk Analyst contributes to the growth and improvement of the organization. Our organization relies heavily on technology to accomplish our work, and this means we are always improving and changing. You will work with the Service Desk and Business Supports team in collaboration with other enabling teams in the Operations department to provide onsite and remote support to all users from multiple health professional regulatory bodies who are participating in a shared information system.
Reporting to the Manager, Service desk and Business Supports, the Service Desk Analyst (SDA) helps ensure the smooth operation of systems to enable users to fulfill their responsibilities. The SDA troubleshoots service desk tickets and provides support by email, chat, in person and over the phone to users of the system including Hub staff, board members, committee members, volunteers, contractors, and others that are accessing the Citrix virtual desktop environment, including through any shared service agreements with other organizations. The SDA provides support and contributes to current and upcoming Operations projects. The SDA plays a major role in the IT onboarding and offboarding of users.
- Responds to and resolves service desk issues such as access, hardware and software problems or escalates to the appropriate Operations team member in a timely manner
- Provides phone support regarding urgent technical issues
- Prioritizes, updates, and tracks progress of incidents and requests through the online ticketing system
- Participates in testing prior to and following the launch of new and updated information systems, images, or technology
- Supports users around new functionality or new technology
- Participates and contributes to program area projects and provides timely updates on the status and progress of the projects
- Installs and/or upgrades, configures, and maintains physical hardware and software
- Ensures continuous learning and knowledge regarding software specific to BCCNP, Consortium and the Hub (Citrix, Datacenter Technologies, Azure, Exchange, Active Directory, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Dynamics GP, Windows 10, Office 365, Webex, Mac software etc.)
- Responsible for setting up user accounts in Active Directory, phone system, Office 365, and other software
- Supports the management of access rights for users to internal and external systems; creates and deactivates network and application accounts for incoming and outgoing users
- Provides desktop orientation to new staff and contractors
- Provides technical support to Hub staff on the use of electronic interactive tools (equipment and telecommunications, teleconference/videoconference, interactive tools, phone systems, printers, digital whiteboards, presentation systems, etc.)
- Hosts and runs virtual hearings/events/largescale meetings on videoconferencing platforms(s) under the direction of the meeting owner
- Provides meeting room support (audio-visual equipment setup)
- Ensures ongoing availability and operations of telecommunications equipment and assists with projects associated with upgrades and replacements as needed
- Creates and maintains internal systems documentation, manuals, and knowledge-based articles to promote self-service
- Builds and generates reports from the ticketing system
- Analyzes the trends of issues and recommends improvements to the customer service processes
- Provides backup coverage for meeting room configurations to the Facilities Coordinator
- Other duties as required
- Baccalaureate in Information Technology or Management Information Systems; or certification in a related field plus additional related experience; or a post-secondary diploma including knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server environment, Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing helpdesk and IT related support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills; approachable, with the ability to adapt communication methods to audience needs and minimize confrontation between individuals and groups
- Ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical users
- Experience providing training on technical systems to non-technical users
- Ability to build and maintain relationships through a customer-focused approach
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated skills in online collaborative tools such as Webex, Zoom, Teams, Go To Meeting, Adobe Connect, etc.
- Recent experience with Citrix (Director or Studio) or other virtual desktop environment, Active Directory, Office 365, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.6.8+
- Experience with online ticketing systems
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to take direction and demonstrate initiative in generating and following through on tasks
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve technical and systems-related issues and achieve workable solutions
- Demonstrated documentation and report building skills
- Ability to work outside regular hours, on occasion, to ensure the smooth functioning of BCCNP and shared services systems and to provide support to board/committee members
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM or SharePoint system is an asset
Compensation & benefits
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, indicating where you learned of this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is July 3, 2020.
Please note that all interviews will take place in July.
Thank you for your interest in the BC College of Nursing Professionals.
While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.