July 11, 2020
Talented people…inclusive culture…great benefits…join our team and experience it all!
The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) regulates the practice of medicine in Alberta, a privilege granted to us under the Health Professions Act (HPA). As a not-for-profit organization, we are committed to protecting the public by guiding the medical profession, achieved through the values that drive our day-to-day work:
- We do the right thing.
- We make informed decisions.
- We empower people.
- We collaborate.
- We are innovators.
- We enjoy and find meaning in our work.
To support our commitment to Albertans, physicians and each other, CPSA is looking for new people to join our team.
Each CPSA team member plays a key role in making CPSA a great place to work by contributing to CPSA’s goals and ensuring alignment with our people philosophy to be intrinsically invested in our work, our teams and each other.
We offer a positive and creative work environment, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and ongoing professional development opportunities.
As the Administrative Assistant, TPP, you will provide administrative support for various Triplicate Prescription Program (TPP) activities independently with minimal supervision including: entering data from triplicate prescriptions into prescription database; and handling telephone calls place to and received from physicians and pharmacists. When required, you will also provide back-up coverage in TPP for the TPP Administrator.
- Activities related to data entry:
- Review and interpret written triplicate prescriptions.
- Verify accuracy of amounts dispensed by the pharmacy according to physician.
- Follow-up on incomplete prescriptions and errors in dispensing and/or missing information.
- Sort and batch incoming mail for data entry.
- Enter data from triplicate prescriptions into prescription database.
- Provide administrative support for TPP activities:
- Process applications for prescriber participation in TPP.
- Assist with routine TPP pad control activities.
- Update lost or stolen prescription information in database.
- Follow-up with prescribers regarding lost or stolen prescriptions.
- Prepare monthly phone rotation schedule.
- Provide back-up coverage in TPP when TPP Administrator is away:
- Provide liaison with printer and distributor of TPP pads.
- Follow-up with printer and prescribers for undelivered pads.
- Enter and file VOID prescriptions from Opioid Dependency Program and others.
- Key support contact for TPP staff with routine questions.
- Telephone calls:
- Handle requests for profiles.
- Enter requests for triplicate prescription pad orders and update simple address changes for prescribers.
- Record reports of lost or stolen pads by physicians in the database.
- Respond to routine telephone inquiries for information regarding TPP.
- Respond to questions from practitioners who are monitoring patient profiles provided by TPP.
- Other duties as required.
- Basic knowledge of office or business practices and communication typically requiring a high school diploma.
- Requirement for 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Database experience
- Experience with Excel/SharePoint
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently
- Health (includes vision)
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Health & Fitness Benefit
- Parking/Transit Benefit
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Days
- Professional Development
- 3 weeks’ vacation in first year
- 4 weeks’ vacation in second year
- 5 weeks’ vacation in seventh year
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for this position by telling us how your relevant work experience has prepared you to undertake this role. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check satisfactory to CPSA.
This posting is open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CPSA; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this position, you are confirming you possess either a Canadian Citizenship, permanent resident status, or valid work permit.